|Monday 7:30 - 9:30||Beginners class. Followed by Practica till 10|
|Tuesday 7:30 - 9:30||Mixed Advanced Beginners & Intermediate class. Followed by practica till 10|
|Thursday 7:30 - 9:30||Mixed Advanced Beginners & Intermediate class. Followed by Practica till 10|
|Saturday 7:30 - 24:00||Mixed class till 9:00 followed by the Milonga till midnight|
BEGINNERS CLASSES - MONDAYS:
Absolute Beginners classes are on Mondays: the doors open at 7.15pm for enrolment, and the Class starts at 7.30 and ends at 9.30, with the practice session, the "practica", carrying on till 10.00pm. You do not have to have a partner, you are very welcome to come on your own. The class usually has a good balance of men and women. Classes cost £10.00 per person. When you start you will have to enrol for the Beginners Course of four classes, so your initial payment will be £40.00. It is preferred that you take these classes on four consecutive Mondays so that you do not forget any of the steps, but if necessary they can be spread out over a longer period, for a maximum of two months. Once you have mastered the basics you can move onto our mixed class on Tuesdays, where you can develop your technique and learn more advanced steps.
Please wear comfortable clothing you can dance in, and most importantly: shoes that do not have rubber soles - or you will stick to the dance floor - with high heels for the women (if you feel comfortable with them) and leather soled shoes for the men.
Last class before Christmas will be Monday 16th December, classes will resume on Monday 6th January 2014.
MIXED CLASS - TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
We hold a mixed class for students from advanced beginners to intermediates on Tuesday and Thursday nights. This is a chance to develop your skills and learn new steps once you have mastered the basics. You do not need a partner.
7.30pm - 9.30pm with the practica until 10.00pm. £10
Last class before Christmas will be Thursday 19th December, classes resume Tuesday 7th January 2014
Looking for a Milonga in London now and don't know when and where they are happening? There is a brilliant new site listing London Milongas and classes: London Tango | All Tango in London - give it a try!
TANGO MILONGA AT LAS ESTRELLAS ON SATURDAYS
The Milonga at Las Estrellas is on Saturdays. There is a mixed ability class from 7.30 - 9.00, followed by dancing until midnight at the Milonga. Hot and cold food will be available as well as great cocktails from the bar.
Class & Milonga £10, Milonga only £5
Next Milonga on Saturday 11th Jaunary 2014 - Don't miss it!
Beginners and Advanced Beginners Class Schedule
- La postura y el abrazo - (The posture & the embrace)
- Equilibrio del cuerpo y eje - (Body balance & axis)
- Salida basica y variaciones - (The basic salida & variations)
- Salida cruzada - (The crossed salida)
- Otras salidas - (Salida con traspie. La Americana, Salida con dos pasos)
- Caminar, los Caminos - (Walking, the Walks)
- Caminar adentro, Afuera, La Derecha - (Walking in line, outside left side partner, right side partner)
- Ochos adelante y ochos atras - (Forward & backward ochos)
- Boleos y Saludos
- Ganchos y Enganches - (Hooks & upwards hooks)
- Paradas y Pasadas - (Stops & passing overstep)
- El Sanguchito - (The Sandwich)
- La Cunita - (The Cradle)
- Cambio de frente - (Change of direction)
- La Cuarenta - (Salida of the Fourties or reverse salida)
- Cadencia - (The cadence)
Intermediate And Advanced Schedule:
- Giros, Giro basico - (the turns, the basic turn)
- Giro a la izquierda, Giro a la derecha - (Left & right hand turns)
- La media luna - (The half moon)
- Recule en cinco - (Reversal on the 5th)
- La caida sobre mujer - (The fall over the woman)
- Sacadas - (Foot displacements, various types)
- Sacada de la pierna - (Leg displacement)
- Barridas / Arrastres - (Leg dragging)
- Sanguchito con arrastres - (Sandwich with dragging feet)
- Giro con gancho, Giro con doble gancho - (Turn with single or double hook)
- Calecita introduction, Parada con Calecita - (Stop with pirouette)
- El Carousel - (Turn to left with continuous sacadas)
- El espejo paso - (The mirror step)
- El espejo con giro y gancho - (The mirror step with turn & hook)
- Ocho atr's con empujaditas - (Backward ochos with leg attacks)
- Points - Planeos & Blocks
- Giro a la derecha con barridas y ganchos
- Ochos adelante y sacadas de ambos
- Medio Giro con arrastre, planeo y boleo
- La Llevada - (The lifting of the leg)
- Sanguche con gancho - (Sandwich with hook)
- Rulo con sacada
- La Sentada (The sitting)
- Ocho cortado - (The cut ocho)
- Zig-zag Sacadas
- Man's back sacada
- Adornos - (Embellishments)
- La Cadena - (The chain)
- Man's planeo y barrida
Tango Nuevo class schedule:
Takis will also teach Tango Nuevo to his Advanced students, but only in private classes.
- Carpa / La Puente - (The tent or the bridge)
- Introduction to Volcadas - (Leaning on partner & sharing the axis)
- From Cruzada to position 2 with carpa
- Calecita con carpa
- Back Volcada from back ochos
- Triple back Volcada
- Back Volcada from position 7
- Volcada with open split legs
- Introduction to Colgadas - (Spilling away from partner & counter balancing)
- Colgada right from position 2
- Colgada left from position 2
- Colgada right from position 2 with gancho
- Barrida from parada at position 2
Las Estrellas Schedule: Mondays Beginners; Tuesdays and Thursdays Mixed Class: 7:30 - 9:30, Practica till 10:00pm. £10
Christmas Holidays: Las Estrellas will be closed from Friday 20th December and resume on Monday 6th January 2014.
Las Estrellas Milonga: next one is Saturday 11th January 2014. Mixed class from 7:30 - 9:00 to get you ready and the Milonga from 9:00 to Midnight.
£10 for both class & Milonga
The 6th London International Tango Festival was a great success, and the DVD is available for only £15.00, as is the DVD of the 5th Festival featuring Osvaldo Zotto's last recorded performances. Please call Simon on 020 7221 9535 to order your copy.
If you are in need of a proper pair of Tango Shoes, please CLICK HERE to go to our dedicated shoe page and see our extensive range of Werner Kern, Nueva Epoca, Tangazos and Dancelife shoes. The shop is still open!
6th FESTIVAL DVD
Click here to order now while stocks last!
Only £15.00 (plus £1.25 postage)
Private Classes are suitable for both beginners and for those wishing to improve their technique, as they are a much more personal and intensive class. They cost £30 per hour for one person, or £50 per hour for a couple. Private classes are available in the evening from 8.00 to 10.00 on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Private classes get booked up quickly, so please call or email in plenty of time to ensure that you get the class you prefer. We will do our best to accommodate students, but the number of classes available are limited.
Please note that we require the first class you book with us to be paid in full in advance, and that we can only give full refunds for missed classes if we get at least 48 hours notice of cancellation, otherwise a cancellation fee of 50% of the class fee will be charged..
To book please call us on 020 7221 5038 or email us: email@example.com
|Day||Evenings: 7.30 -10:00 pm|
|Don't miss our Milonga on Saturdays! 9:00pm - Midnight|
|Monday||Beginners Class from 7:30 - 9.30pm, practica till 10.00|
|Tuesday||Mixed class from 7:30 - 9:30pm, practica till 10:00|
|Wednesday||Private Classes from 8:00 - 9:00pm and 9:00 - 10:00pm|
|Thursday||Mixed class from 7:30 - 9:30pm, practica till 10:00|
|Friday||Private Classes from 8:00 - 9:00pm and 9:00 - 10:00pm|
|Saturday||Mixed class 7:30 - 9:00pm, followed by the Milonga till midnight|
Las Estrellas is at 2-3 Inverness Mews in Bayswater, just off Queensway (map). The nearest underground stations are Bayswater (District and Circle line), and Queensway (Central line). On weekends please check that the Tube lines are running.
Takis has taught at Las Estrellas, London's longest established Tango Club, since 1993 and has been dancing Tango for most of his life. He founded the Academia Nacional del Tango (UK), and organised the six London International Tango Festivals (1999 - 2011). He brought over the world's most famous Argentine Tango dancers and teachers from Buenos Aires to give workshops and performances. Leading names to have appeared at the Festival and Las Estrellas including Gloria y Eduardo, Carlos Gavito and Maria Plazaola, Gustavo Naviera and Giselle Anne, Mora Godoy, Fernanda Ghi and Guillermo Merlo, Claudia Codega and Esteban Moreno, Osvaldo Zotto, Lorena Ermocida, Gisele Avanzi, Carlos and Maria Rivarola, Junior Cervila, Natalia Games and Gabriel Angio, Gustavo Rosas and Gisela Natoli and many others. Top orchestras El Arranque, Sexteto Canyengue, El Despues, Silencio and others have also appeared.
Takis has made many national and international television appearances over the years, giving demonstrations of Tango. He has performed for Channel 5 (2003), London Television (2004), at the London Salsa Championships (2002), the Jivetime Festival at Pontins in Camber Sands (2005), as well as at venues such as The Dorchester (2003), The Hilton (2004), The Sheraton (2005) and Claridges (2005), the 5th London International Tango Festival (2009), accompanied by his then partner Jane Solomon, and at the 6th London International Tango Festival at the Porchester Hall in 2011.
For more information call 020 7221 5038 in office hours or email us